Don’t Let Domestic Violence Charges Come Back to Haunt You
You don’t have to worry about how past actions are affecting your future. Our domestic violence expungement services will help you prepare for important life moments, including:
- Child Custody - Certain domestic violence and assault charges can lead to termination of parental custody rights
- Employment Opportunities - An expungement allows you to legally check “no” when asked about past crimes.
- Rental and Mortgage Applications - Many housing applications ask about criminal histories and past offenses can hurt your chance of renting or buying the home you want.
- Volunteering in the Community - Arrests and convictions affect your ability to volunteer at your child’s school.
- International Travel - Domestic violence and assault convictions can cause refused entry into a foreign country.
- Gun Ownership - A conviction on domestic violence charges always results in being prohibited from owning firearms.
Expungement Eligible Domestic Assault Crimes in Oregon
In Oregon, eligibility for domestic violence expungement depends on multiple factors, including:
- The degree of assault
- When the conviction occurred,
- Whether you’ve completed the conditions of your sentence
- The number of domestic violence convictions on your record
- And more…
Check your eligibility. It’s free and only takes 2 minutes!
The Following Domestic Violence Crimes are Not Eligible for Expungement in Oregon
Class A Felonies
(except those relating to marijuana)
Most Sex Crimes
Child & Elder Abuse or Assault
How the Expungement Process Works
If your domestic violence case is eligible for expungement in Oregon, the process is relatively straightforward. Here’s what you can expect:
- Pick up a fingerprint card at your local law enforcement agency, a legal products store, or anywhere that issues passport photos (for example, Walgreens or Costco).
- Complete and notarize an affidavit, sending it, along with your fingerprint card, to our Oregon law office.
- Wait 3-4 months. During this time, you’re waiting for the OSP background check, District Attorney review, and expungement motion to be granted and signed. Our firm will mail you the signed expungement order once it’s ready.
If you have any questions during the process, our expungement attorney will be happy to assist and provide answers.
How Much Does an Expungement Cost?
At Clear My Record, we offer transparent pricing for our Oregon domestic violence expungement services.
Arrest Expungement Services
You’ll pay a flat fee of $750 to our Oregon law firm
Conviction Expungement Services
$1,095, broken down into:
- $265 Court Filing
- $80 Oregon State Police Background Check
- $750 to our firm
Get to Know Gabriel Biello, Oregon Expungement Lawyer
“I provide expungement services to clients throughout the state of Oregon and specialize in drug possession expungements. I grew up here in Portland and graduated from the University of Oregon. I love this state and I want my clients to be able to enjoy it too, without the weight of a past arrest or conviction. I take pride in successfully expunging drug possession records and helping my clients move on with their lives here in Oregon.”